Statistics show that overall a home that is professionally staged prior to listing for sale sell faster and at a higher price. According to the Real Estate Staging Associate (2013 studied) homes that were staged spent 72% less time on the market and sold within 40 days vs. un-staged homes 143 days. In many cases, staged homes received their first offer within 23 days and the also chances of multiple offers.
Pictures show the space and functionality of the space when a home is staged. Once you decide to sell your home you have to remember the home has to appeal to your audience and it is no longer your home with your personality but a product you are selling. Interior Designed homes are different than staged homes. For more information on this subject and information on professional stagers do not hesitate to call me as I am an Accredited Home Stager.
GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF STAGING
Simple Staging Tips:
- Remove all unnecessary furniture
- Reduce clutter
- Remove family photos
- Minimize decorative pieces -statues, vases etc.
- Remove highly designed valances and curtains- show off the windows and light
- Remove carpets and show off hardwood floors
- Refinish your floors and repair any water stains etc.
- Have the home pre-inspection to find out what issues may come up at the time of buyers inspection
- Repair any issues that you know about ahead of time
- A fresh coat of neutral color paint always goes a long way.
The object of the above is show as much space and light in the home with the least amount of your own personality so a potential buyer can picture their family living in the home. Buyers need to see the potential and you have to show it to them. Click link below to read great article with statistics on the subject
I hope you found these tips helpful. Call me directly for additional help or to schedule a Staging Consultation 973-214-7726
For additional Staging visit my staging website Creative Staging & Design Website